What is BPA?
Business Professionals of America is the leading CTSO (Career Technical Student Organization) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and other related career fields. Indiana BPA has close to 2500 members in 87 chapters.
BPA is a "co-curricular" organization that supports business and information technology educators by offering curriculum based on national standards. Resources and materials are available on-line and designed to be customized to a school's program.
The Workplace Skills Assessment Program (WSAP) prepares students to succeed and assesses real-world business skills and problem solving abilities in finance, management, IT and computer applications. It is BPA's showcase program and facilitates students demonstrating their career skills at regional, state and national conferences in a wide variety of competitive events. Visit the national BPA web site for additional information.
The mission of Business Professionals of America is to contribute to the preparation of a world-class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
At Business Professionals of America, we are committed to developing the best possible career and technical education organization for students in the United States. The measure of our success will be the perception that alumni of Business Professionals of America are highly competent and skilled workforce professionals who enable business and industry to maintain the economic vitality and high quality of life associated with our celebrated United States of America.
- College / Post-secondary: For post-secondary (one-year, two-year, baccalaureate, or post-baccalaureate) students enrolled or formerly enrolled in initial, refresher, or upgrading business, career technical, business education and career or related education programs.
- High School / Secondary: For high school students enrolled or formerly enrolled in initial, refresher, or upgrading business, career technical, and career or related education programs. Associate Member Designation is for high school students enrolled or formerly enrolled in initial, refresher, or upgrading business, career technical, and career or related education programs for special populations.
- Middle Level: For middle school students enrolled or formerly enrolled in initial, refresher, or upgrading business, career technical, and career or related education programs.
- Alumni: For former active members of any student division.
- Professional: A professional member may be a person associated with BPA. (Such members may include teachers, teacher-coordinators, teacher-educators and supervisors, employers and/or training station sponsors of business education, friends of Business Professionals of America, corporate sponsors, and others appointed by the governing educational body willing to contribute to Business Professionals of America's growth and development).